Sunday, November 27, 2011

You Should Pass It...Right Away.

The title of this blog post has nothing to do with the actual contents of the blog post. This is a phrase that has a funny behind-the-scenes story involving my bro and sis-in-law and it's been rolling around in my head all day.

Anyway!

It's really really awesome how the Lord gives me exactly what I need when I need it - and He withholds from me what I don't need when I don't need it. Quite often do our weekly speakers at chapel come and give a message that I know that the Lord needs me to hear right at that moment. Last Saturday I was talking to my dad about being thankful - and he said that thankfulness is a choice. I thought it was odd that he said this because I'd never really thought of thankfulness as a choice. I suppose I have, but just not in a black/white kind of sense. And then, the next day at chapel, that is exactly what Mr. P spoke about. "You can choose to be thankful or you can choose to be unthankful" actually came out of his mouth from the Lord and staight to my ears. Besides being a wonderful parallel to how salvation is a choice, it reminded me to choose to be thankful for what I have right now. Not what I could have, or where I could be, or what I could be doing.

Then, this week, my personal time with the Lord led me to Philippians, and I came across a part of a verse (4:11) that says "...for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." Yes, in my single life, at my home, at my 7am - 5pm job, I can be content, because that is where the Lord has placed me. I know I am doing His will because I have peace about it. Confession: I am not naturally thankful for this. I find myself thinking "what if, what if, what if" and I have to conciously stop myself and remind myself to choose to be thankful. Even Paul said he had to learn to be content. Not to my surprise, because my God is just that good, our speaker today, Mr. G., spoke about the fears we have...but how much greater our Refuge is. Two weeks in row the verse from Philippians about not being anxious for tomorrow was given and two weeks in a row I needed to hear it. And that, my friends, is how God works.

And now for a Kindergarten update: 14 school days until Christmas Break! Woo hoo!
My five days off for Thanksgiving will be over at 5am when my alarm signals me to Rise and Shine (and give God the glory glory). This week our letter is N and time is of the essence. There is a certain point I want my students to be at before two weeks of break. I asked them before Thanksgiving break if they were going to forget everything I taught them, and then they started listing things they were going to "practice" over break. Bless them.

There is never a dull moment at my job, and I'm sure this next week will prove to be just as interesting.
I finally got a projector installed in my ceiling, for which I am THANKFUL! It was getting a bit tiresome to move my laptop and arrange the kids so that they could all see the pictures on the little screen. Now I can make (and have already done so) PowerPoints with my visuals and project them on the wall for all to see! Yay!

Til next time,
The Kindergarten Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment