Sunday, November 13, 2011

Counting the Days

Is that bad?

Thank the Lord that He has given me a job I love. Even so, I find myself counting the days until breaks. A three-day weekend was absolutely needed. Though I didn't get as much done as I was expecting, it was very profitable in the "resting" department. I'm starting to come down with my Thanksgiving illness (I am always sick on Thanksgiving...who would have thought this year would be any different?!), so I decided to take it easy this weekend. I'm finding that I'm getting really good at thinking on the spot while teaching, and that's usually when most of my best ideas come.

And now, there are seven school days until Thanksgiving Break, and then another nine until Christmas Break. My grandfather is coming down for Christmas, and that means two things: a lot of playing cards, and a lot of baking cookies. YAY! It will be a much needed break.

I very wisely finished interim reports before this weekend. I knew that I would not want to do that on a Saturday. I'm so proud of how my students are doing...when I think back to week 1 and 2 (shutter) I can really see their progress, and that makes me so delighted. One day I will take a picture of one of their writings to share with my three readers (woot!). One student has just as good handwriting as me. It's incredible!!

Til next time,
The Kindergarten Teacher

1 comment:

  1. What are they teaching them these days? I didn't think ANYONE had handwriting as good as yours!

    Hope you feel better soooon!

    ReplyDelete